Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ubuntu 12.04

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rburkartjo

rburkartjo

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:19 PM

i am so far impressed with 12.04. i actually upgraded 11.10 which i had on a separate partition to 12.04a1 from the command line and recently to a2. so far the only problem i had was with getting wine to work but that was corrected the same day with current updates. a2 feels more like a final release than an alpha. of course i cheated a little and make it so i can run the xfce bottom panel within 12.04. if anyone else testing. note if you havent messed with alphas before wont recommend you try unless YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING .
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rburkartjo

rburkartjo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:35 AM

and for those of you who dont like untiy. mate works great in 12.04.
quote:He that would live in peace & at ease, Must not speak all he knows,nor judge all he sees.'

#3 rburkartjo

rburkartjo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:37 AM

the only program i cant get to work so far is my webcam. and this is not uncommon in a beta. cant get it to open with cheese or camorama

#4 Keith1

Keith1

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:20 AM

Hey cheesemaker - I have a question for you. I've seen several articles talking about a new feature for 12.04 called HUD ( Head-Up Display ) which is supposed to replace menus in Unity applications. I don't know if it's even in the build yet, but if so have you tried it, and what do you think about it?

Thanks

#5 rburkartjo

rburkartjo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3,998 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2012 - 07:39 AM

keith cant get it to work yet still a work in progress. i like the concept.

#6 Keith1

Keith1

• Members
  • 504 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

Thanks for checking on that, I was curious about it. :thumbup2:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users