Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Unstable computer

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Michaela1

Michaela1

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:31 PM

I have Windows XP Pro service pack 3. I went to a coupon website and downloaded the print software where I believe I got the Dropper. I then downloaded AVG and a couple other anti virus with no luck. It is Eset that detected the virus along with a couple "Restore" files.

C:\System Volume Information\_restore{7323898E-20BE-43EF-8343-67D5922C3F31}\RP1005\A0149725.exe multiple threats No action
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{7323898E-20BE-43EF-8343-67D5922C3F31}\RP1005\A0149726.exe multiple threats No action
C:\System Volume Information\_restore{7323898E-20BE-43EF-8343-67D5922C3F31}\RP988\A0146102.exe multiple threats No action

They have been deleted and system restore has been turned off. Malwarebytes was also infected it seems and was not functioning properly. I followed these steps:http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/virus-removal/remove-security-tool

The computer was still unstable. Installed SuperAntiSpyware which detects things Malwarbytes doesn't.
I don't know to leave the new installation of Malwarbytes or remove it. I have the full version.

Also followed the tips here:
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic439028.html/page__st__15
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/how-to-remove-a-trojan-virus-worm-or-malware/
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/simple-steps-for-removing-malware/

There are two computers in the house both wireless with this one being the main. Internet settings are changing and connection is being lost to the second computer. I believe it was Win32 virus that was found on the second computer.

AutoRun was ran and all process have been checked with the startup section here. Many were removed from startup.
I have tried to do a system restore several times. I believe the infection occured the last week in January and I have went back to the 1st of January to restore with no luck. I then read that I needed to turn off system restore in case the virus was still around it only made things worse.

Eset was disabled this morning for no apparent reason. Since the infection Advance Security Care, Win Utilities, Secunia PCI, Driver Manager, IObit Malware Fighter, Eset and Super Anti Syware have been installed. I am getting what looks like clean reports from all of them. I would like to confirm that I am virus, trojan, worm and other malware free. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noknojon

noknojon

• Banned
  • 10,871 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 AM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:23 PM

Malwarebytes was also infected it seems and was not functioning properly

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware program is usually not able to be infected, what was the last scan result from its logs ??
At this time how many (and which) Antivirus programs do you have installed ??
Also is your Firewall working ??

Thank You -

EDIT -
Try to remove IObit and then update and rescan with Malwarebytes

Edited by noknojon, 06 February 2012 - 05:25 PM.

#3 Michaela1

Michaela1
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:30 AM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:32 PM

Malwarebytes found nothing. Yes, firewall is working and the only anti virus is Eset. I will try using only malwarebytes and post details.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users