Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

false "policing" message blocks desktop & internet

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paris painter

paris painter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 AM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

hello
my husband has gotten another virus on his computer and it's a tough one. first of all, the internet access is blocked as is the sound. when i turned it on, the desktop was there but as soon as i clicked on anything, the full screen came up saying that all internet and computer access is blocked unless we go pay 100€ for a card to release the blockage. this is a false police blockage according to the computer store. i shut off the computer and the screen came right back. i started the computer again in safety mode and i could get to my desktop. i clicked on malwarebytes and have been running a full scan for an hour and a half now but no viruses are showing up so far so i don't know if it's working. when the full screen "police" sign is showing, i can't even get to the start menu bar on the bottom. please someone help!
thanks so much,
linda

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 paris painter

paris painter
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2012 - 02:23 PM

update: the malwarebyte's anti-malware found 4 infected files and deleted them. the internet connection is now accessible and everything seems fine. is there another scan to run to be sure it's gone for good?

#3 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,530 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:57 PM

Hello and welcome.
Please post that MBAM log.
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  • Flush DNS
  • Report IE Proxy Settings
  • Reset IE Proxy Settings
  • Report FF Proxy Settings
  • Reset FF Proxy Settings
  • List content of Hosts
  • List IP configuration
  • List Winsock Entries
  • List last 10 Event Viewer log
  • List Installed Programs
  • List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.

Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Please download TDSSKiller.zip and and extract it.
  • Run TDSSKiller.exe.
  • Click Start scan.
  • When it is finished the utility outputs a list of detected objects with description.
    The utility automatically selects an action (Cure or Delete) for malicious objects.
    The utility prompts the user to select an action to apply to suspicious objects (Skip, by default). Let the options as it is and click Continue
  • Let reboot if needed and tell me if the tool needed a reboot.
  • Click on Report and post the contents of the text file that will open.

Note: By default, the utility outputs the log into system disk (it is usually the disk with installed operating system, C:\) root folder. The Log have a name like: TDSSKiller.Version_Date_Time_log.txt.

How is it running now?
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users