Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Giveaway of the Day - XYplorer 10.80

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:31 PM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:58 PM

XYplorer is a tabbed file manager for Windows. It features a powerful file search, a versatile preview, a highly customizable interface, optional dual pane, and a large array of unique ways to efficiently automate frequently recurring tasks.

I've used XYplorer in the past (before I decided to go with Directory Opus) and I highly recommend it as a replacement for Windows Explorer. Once installed you can use it instead of Windows Explorer or as a once in a while replacement - the original Windows Explorer will always be available to you if you prefer it.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranget

ranget

• Members
  • 250 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:01 PM

question is it better than the default windows file manager
is it worth the change

the tabs idea Look very cool

A big thanks to Dider Stevens

sorry for not being around

#3 Allan

Allan
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:18 PM

As I said, you're not changing - it installs along side of the original. If you like, use it. If you don't you can always uninstall it

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,782 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:31 AM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

Screenshots of the application: http://www.xyplorer.com/shots.htm

Thanks for sharing the application Allan.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Allan

Allan
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:55 PM

Sure thing Animal.

#6 JannEd

JannEd

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:31 AM

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:19 PM

I love the screen shots. I was a beta tester for Mijenix for a couple of years and was on the team testing Power Desk and their Zip program. I don't know what they are called now but the company has gone through buy-outs, merges, etc.

I will be downloading the trial version of XYPlorer to see if I really like it a lot!!

Jann

#7 daveje49

daveje49

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 AM

Posted 18 February 2012 - 02:11 AM

Sounds very interesting; Ive checked out the sites for both XY and Opus, which you now use. This begs the question - whats the diff between the two, and why do you use Opus now instead?
I'm very much into system customization; custom themes (see www.virtualcustoms.net) so Im wondering if these programs integrate with themes just like explorer does?

#8 Allan

Allan
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2012 - 07:57 AM

DO is really overkill, but it allows you to customize EVERYTHING. Read the FAQ pages and guide on the Directory Opus site and you'll see that there just isn't much you can't do with it. Having said that, it's rather pricy. As for integrating with themes, I wouldn't know.

#9 JannEd

JannEd

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2012 - 10:35 AM

XYplorer is a tabbed file manager for Windows. It features a powerful file search, a versatile preview, a highly customizable interface, optional dual pane, and a large array of unique ways to efficiently automate frequently recurring tasks.

I've used XYplorer in the past (before I decided to go with Directory Opus) and I highly recommend it as a replacement for Windows Explorer. Once installed you can use it instead of Windows Explorer or as a once in a while replacement - the original Windows Explorer will always be available to you if you prefer it.

http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/

Thank you guys for this explanation! I will download it when it next appears on the Giveaway page!! Directory Opus is the file manager a lot of my friends from the Power Desk forums use it. You guys sure help me a lot.

Jann

#10 Allan

Allan
  • Topic Starter

• BC Advisor
  • 8,634 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:26 PM

You'll never see Directory Opus on Giveaway :)

#11 JannEd

JannEd

• Members
  • 153 posts
  •  

Posted 18 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

No, no, no! I know that, I meant XY!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users