Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lost USB drive/Log of USB Drives

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 roysamben

roysamben

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 11:39 AM

Hi,

I recently lost my USB flash drive. I'm not sure if I left it plugged into my computer at work or if i dropped it in the parking lot. Is there is a way to know when the device was last plugged out? That way I can determine if I dropped it at the parking lot or someone else pulled it out after I left work. I'd appreciate any help.

Thanks,
Roy.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:02 PM

The only way I know is if your company has set a group policy on your PC to audit USB devices. The PC would have to be powered on when the device was removed. It's not something that is logged by default. Ask your IT people if they audit USB devices.

James

Edited by hamluis, 06 February 2012 - 04:16 PM.
Removed unnecessary space-wasting quote.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users