Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Memory leak?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 prbrianpr

prbrianpr

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:04 AM

My computer have a long time running without need to erase all the hard drive and start again. I have 2 problems, one is that Im short on disk space, the other is that I think that I have a memory leakeage. I dont know if it is a virus or what, but when I use the computer (90% of the time is surfing in the web, 10% gaming) the memory gets consumed slowly, like 30 min later I have the memory almost completly consumed. I need to close the internet explorer or sometimes restart the computer to clear the memory.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

What is the exact memory low message and do you have AVG as your antivirus?

Tekken

#3 prbrianpr

prbrianpr
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 AM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

I have avast. I dont remember the low memory message, only say that close windows for not loosing information. The windows task manager memory graph gets to 2.98 GB of 3.00 GB of memory in use with only 5 or 6 pages on internet open and two youtube videos. Thats ridiculous.

#4 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:37 PM

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:42 AM

close windows for not loosing information

I am not familiar with that message when browsing. Have you checked your paging file or performance options?

Tekken

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,398 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 AM

Posted 08 February 2012 - 09:08 AM

<<...one is that Im short on disk space,>>

That's a major problem, IMO...if Windows doesn't have sufficient free space on the Windows partition, it will not function properly.

How large is the Windows partition...how much free space right now?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users