There are no guarantees or shortcuts
when it comes to malware removal. Infections and severity of damage will vary
. The longer malware remains on your system, the more time it has to download additional malicious files. Depending on the infection, it may take several efforts with different, the same or more powerful tools to do the job. Even then, with some types of malware infections, the task can be arduous and security tools may not find all the remnants.
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.
- Important!! When you save the mbam-setup file, rename it to something random (such as 123abc.exe) before beginning the download.
- Double-click on the renamed file to install, then follow these instructions for doing a Quick Scan in normal mode.
- Don't forget to check for database definition updates through the program's interface (preferable method) before scanning.
- If you cannot update Malwarebytes or use the Internet to download any files to the infected computer, manually update the database by following the instructions in FAQ Section A: 4. Issues.
Malwarebytes may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs
or permit them to allow
If Malwarebytes encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally will prevent Malwarebytes from removing all the malware.Note: A 14-day trial of Malwarebytes Anti-Malware PRO is available as an option when first installing the free version so all users can test the real-time protection component for a period of two weeks. When the limited time period expires those features will be deactivated and locked. Enabling the Protection Module feature again requires registration and purchase of a license key that includes free lifetime upgrades and support. If you continue to use the free version, there is no requirement to buy a license...you can just use it as a stand-alone scanner.
- After completing the scan, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab .
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows the database version and your operating system.
- Exit Malwarebytes when done.
Please perform a scan with Eset Online Anti-virus Scanner
- If using Mozilla Firefox, you will be prompted to download and use the ESET Smart Installer. Just double-click on esetsmartinstaller_enu.exe to install.
- Vista/Windows 7 users need to run Internet Explorer/Firefox as Administrator.
To do this, right-click on the browser icon in the Start Menu or Quick Launch Bar and select Run As Administrator from the context menu.
- Click the green button.
- Read the End User License Agreement and check the box:
- Check .
- Click the button.
- Accept any security warnings from your browser and allow the download/installation of any require files.
- Under scan settings, check and make sure that the option Remove found threats is NOT checked.
- Click Advanced settings and select the following:
- Scan potentially unwanted applications
- Scan for potentially unsafe applications
- Enable Anti-Stealth technology
- Click the Start button.
- ESET will install itself, download virus signature database updates, and begin scanning your computer.
- The scan can take some time to complete...close all programs and do NOT use the computer while the scan is running.
- When the scan completes, push
- Push , and save the file to your desktop as ESETScan.txt.
- Push the button, then Finish.
- Copy and paste the contents of ESETScan.txt in your next reply. If no threats are found, there is no option to create a log.