Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Graphics Priority in BIOS

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 milklizard

milklizard

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:56 PM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:19 AM

So I have my integrated ATI Radeon HD 4200 which has my secondary monitor plugged into it. I have a AMD Radeon HD 6670 PCI card that's running my main monitor on it. With PCI set first in the boot order of GPUs in my BIOS, the integrated card doesn't show up in any form under Device Manager. However if I set the integrated GPU first, they both appear under Device Manager. Anyone have any ideas on why this is?

System specs:
Mainboard: ASUS M4A785-M (BIOS updated to most recent version on ASUS's site)
CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 940 3.0 GHz (OC'd to 3.4 GHz)
GPU: AMD Radeon HD 6670 1GB / ATI Radeon HD 4200
Memory: 6GB DDR2 400 MHz Nanya Tech
HDD: 640GB Western Digital / 1TB Seagate Barracuda

Any other system info you want, just let me know. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:56 AM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 09:17 AM

The PCI video card enabled in BIOS or being used as default GPU is the one recognized in your system.

Tekken

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users