Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2002 - Error 1706

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tempsc

tempsc

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:03 AM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 04:13 AM

Hello.

I recently had some problems with my pc getting infected with system check - which was succesfully removed with assistance from this site and the fabulous Gringo.

However, when starting Outlook, it calls for disc to be inserted. I can cancel the process, but a new window pops up with Error 1706. I can cancel this each time, but if I have emails in my outbox and forget them, they are always returned as undeliverable. It's a hassle basically. I guess I can live with it but if there is a fix or advice, I'd be glad to hear about it.

Tks for any advice/assistance

Tempsc
(PS: I do have an office disc but I'm not certain if it's the disc that was originally used to set up this PC. Do I need the correct disc or can I use any - or, do I need to use one at all?)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 tempsc

tempsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 08 February 2012 - 11:58 AM

Bump. Anyone have an ideas on this?

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,878 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 AM

Posted 08 February 2012 - 03:07 PM

There are two ways of installing Outlook:

a. As part of MS Office.

b. Standalone version of Outlook, not part of MS Office suite.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/297834

If your install is from the standalone version, above link by MS may not apply.

Louis

#4 tempsc

tempsc
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 58 posts
  •  

Posted 09 February 2012 - 10:30 AM

Hello Louis.

I'm not sure how to identify what type of install I have here. How do you go about finding out?

Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users