Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Second Monitor Won't Work

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 GamerGal

GamerGal

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

I have my PC hooked up to my TV(Movies, TV Shows, Gaming) and it has always worked. Tonight I turned on my PC after the SuperBowl, the main monitor flashed a couple times(Went black then showed my wallpaper a few times) and then the icons shrunk. I tried to go to HDMI Slot 1 and... No signal.

I turned off, unplugged the HDMI cord, plugged it back in, turned on PC. When it first loaded the HDMI Slot 1 showed what it should, then the main monitor flashed again and the HDMI Slot 1 showed no signal. I went to Nvidia Control Panel and it doesn't detect the other screen.

What could it be and could it be an easy fix? If not thankfully I have this PC under warranty.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 GamerGal

GamerGal
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:34 PM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:38 AM

WTF? The screen flashed again and so I thought gee, I'll check my HDMI Slot 1 screen. And sure enough it is showing what is should.

Also, with my TV the Name of the Input is grey if it isn't connected, while white when it is. When my PC is off the HDMI Slot 1 is grey. But when it wouldn't work it was still white so even though it said no connection it must have had one. Sorry if this is confusing because even I am confused as how it like magicked itself fixed.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,551 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:34 PM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:44 AM

Glad you resolved it...happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users