Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My XP restarts

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 tom_6499

tom_6499

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:05 PM

Hey guys, greetings from Chile, Southamerica. If someone could give me some help about this Iīd be totally thankful:

About a week ago I had to turn off my computer in a non-usual way ( I donīt remember if my problem began because I took off the power cable of because I re-started the PC). Then, I turned on the computer and after a few seconds it asked me about the typical thing of choose in what way turn on the computer (safe mode, last configuration that worked, etc etc). At this point, my keyboard was blocked so the PC choose just by his self the "safe mode". After this appears the typical Xp window with the thin line under like "charging", so here is the thing, just after this, the pc shows like for just one second, a blue screen with some white words (that I canīt read due the fact that the blue screen is just a flash) and finally the PC restarts by his self.

If I keep on the PC, then it goes doing the same thing over and over again.

Another thing, during the process, my keyboard is blocked, so I canīt choose like "safe mode " "last configuration"etc with the arrows (excep ifust inmediatly after I turn on the PC, I keep pushing one of the arrows, wich of course isnīt something usual to do)

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,270 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:14 AM

<<About a week ago I had to turn off my computer in a non-usual way ( I donīt remember if my problem began because I took off the power cable of because I re-started the PC).>>

Why did you have to turn it off in a "non-usual way" and exactly what transpired?

Please provide details on just what happened and exactly what you did.

System manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 tom_6499

tom_6499
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2012 - 07:32 PM

Well, I was in a hurry so that`s why I just took of the cable (or I just re-started it, I can`t really remember as I told).

About the computer, I know nothing about manufacturer and anything else. I just guess it`s really old and is a "built" computer (non a computer of a specific marc). The system is windowd XP professional.

The problem is that after I just disconected the cable, now the computer restarts just by his self after it shows the flash blue screen

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,270 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2012 - 07:09 AM

Well...do you have a MS Genuine XP CD?

Terminating the power as you did...often results in some damage to system files. The typical way to try to overcome this would be to run the chkdsk /r command. Since the system does not boot, this would have to be done from the XP Recovery Console, which is on the XP install CD.

If you don't have a Genuine XP CD, alternate procedures are available, using a tool called ARCDC. See comments by Andrew at http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic380303.html .

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users