Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Looking for some help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 bcbl

bcbl

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:06 PM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:40 PM

I'm trying to download a fantasy baseball draft kit. I'm running windows7 with explorer7. I do all of the steps in the download when I try to open the program I get this message: "Unrecognized database format C:\ProgramData\insiderbaseball2012\custombdb.mdb: -- Error number: 3343". I did contact the site that I downloaded from, they told me that it is on my end. Could it be something with my norton? Could it be a firewall? It's almost like only some of the program downloads. Any help would be great.... Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Allan

Allan

• BC Advisor
  • 8,582 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:06 PM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:42 PM

.mdb files require Access Database

#3 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2012 - 06:07 PM

If you are trying to open the .mdb file then it's your machines setup and you need to have Access installed.

If you are trying to open an .exe file that runs a program that accesses an Access database (the .mdb file) then try downloading the file again. If the error persists, you'll need to contact the makers of the .exe file for support.

That's an old Jet database engine error.
Is it an old program? If not, on Windows 7 I would attribute that to a corrupt database file (the .mdb file).
If it is old, it probably will not run on Windows 7 without some significant modifications to your system's database drivers.

James

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,545 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2012 - 06:35 AM

Alternatives To MS Access

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users