Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

stops dead in safe mode

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Joetech

Joetech

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

I took my daughter's 10 year old compaq persario 2100 with a failing HDD and I am making into a chart plotter for my boat. I replaced the HDD with a new one and Installed XP Pro SP3. I downloaded Open C, a free GPS positioning and chart reader, an anti-virus, adobe reader (to read the manual) Foobar 2000 to play some tunes and some raster charts from NOAA. That is all that is on the HDD. I bought a hockey puke GPS receiver that plugs into the UBS. Two weeks ago I had the laptop on and was working and the chart plotter was doing everything as planned. I shut it down as usual. Today I tried to boot up and I get the opening windows screen and then nothing. I tried safe mod a de it stops cold at:
multi(0)disk(0)rddisk(0)partition(1)\windows\system32\drivers\AVGIDSEH,SYS

I've had a lot of experience with computers and XP but I've never seen safe mode just plain stop.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

hi, you the 2nd person to i posted this link for ,you problem was caused by a AVG antivirus update it seems .

new link .avg
http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=68967#post_68967

had this one posted first but then i found other one
http://www.spywareremovalhelp.org/spyware-removal-help/how-to-fix-avgidseh-sys-errors.html

Edited by caperjac, 05 February 2012 - 05:09 PM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 Joetech

Joetech
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 51 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 AM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

Thanks for the links. I'll give it a try. However, I am not using AVG ant-virus.

#4 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:04 AM

Posted 06 February 2012 - 05:40 AM

multi(0)disk(0)rddisk(0)partition(1)\windows\system32\drivers\AVGIDSEH,SYS

its stopping at try to load it according to what i read when i google that file .

http://www.google.ca/search?q=AVGIDSEH%2CSYS&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users