Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

problems with accessing websites

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jpd9930

jpd9930

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 01:36 PM

suddenly I am getting certificate errors, unsafe websites and content blooked. As far as I know no settings have changed for IE8. Not sure if this is malware or settings. Any help will be appreciated.

As always thanks in advance for your help. I appreciate the personal time you put into helping others.

JD

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 AM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 03:40 PM

What is the exact message?

Make sure your computer date/time is correct.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 jpd9930

jpd9930
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2012 - 10:02 AM

I'll write the next one down...but they are standard messages. The yellow(?) bar across the top warning of blocked content. The address bar will turn a blue color with another small window next to it indicating the certificate has expired (these are on websites that should not have this problem). Not sure if its the same window as the certificates but in the body of a web page a link line will ask if you want to progress to the blocked page but its not recomended.

I did forget to mention before in my opening post I reset the browser back to defaults. I have not used this PC enough yet to know if that fixed all the problems.

Also I do not have McAfee security scan plus but it pops up every now and again to scan. 99% sure its malware. It will scan then tell me my PC is at risk and get a box "fix Now". Looks lagit but I doubt it.

Edited by jpd9930, 06 February 2012 - 10:04 AM.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2012 - 12:22 PM

Make sure your computer date/time is correct.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 jpd9930

jpd9930
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 221 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:05 PM

Hadnt set my time in a while...not sure what time it had as I use tardis 2000 to set the time. Was millions of seconds off..that may have been the issue. If I dont post again in a few days the issue may be fixed....thanks for your help!

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,707 posts
  •  

Posted 06 February 2012 - 01:09 PM

You should see computer clock in lower right corner of your screen......

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users