Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problems with booting in normal and safe modes

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ninerxx

ninerxx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:38 PM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:51 AM

So, I am having trouble with a computer running Windows XP. It freezes on the Windows XP page with the scrolling bar at the bottom. The bar scrolls, but nothing loads. When I try to boot up in any of the safe modes, it freezes at one of the files: "WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\AVGIDSEH.Sys" I can't load anything on the computer. Once, the hardware profile/configuration recovery menu popped up, and gave me a choice of one profile, but since I didn't know what it was, I pressed F3 to restart, but I still can't access anything. We don't have an XP disk, since someone had built the computer for us. Any help would be appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:38 PM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

hi, check this link as i think its whats going on with your computer , follow the guide in this link
http://www.spywareremovalhelp.org/spyware-removal-help/how-to-fix-avgidseh-sys-errors.html

quick link to the file to create the cd .
http://forums.avg.com/ww-en/avg-forums?sec=thread&act=show&id=68967

Edited by caperjac, 05 February 2012 - 10:16 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:15 AM

We don't have an XP disk, since someone had built the computer for us. Any help would be appreciated!

I got the impress that there is a file missing that will care that your system will work fine.
You haven't a Windows Xp setup cd, that is pity, but there is one solution for this, buy a new Windows setup cd.

#4 honda2010

honda2010

• Members
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2012 - 10:29 AM

Just a FYI. I was having problems with my laptop. I contacted Microsoft and they overnighted me a XP Pro SP2 CD with a new key and didnt charge me a dime. All i had to do is reformat install cd then update to SP3 via usb.

#5 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:38 PM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 11:46 AM

We don't have an XP disk, since someone had built the computer for us. Any help would be appreciated!

makes no difference who built it, you should have been giving the disk and key they had to buy to use in building you computer

Edited by caperjac, 05 February 2012 - 11:47 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#6 Guest_Computer-man_*

Guest_Computer-man_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 07 February 2012 - 08:34 AM

makes no difference who built it, you should have been giving the disk and key they had to buy to use in building you computer

Quite right.
But some people forget this and than the other has a problem when there is something miss with the installation.
When it is an Hp-computer, than have you one time the possibility for make an installation cd., after that, can you only make a new one, when you install a new Hard Disk.
Strange, yes I am agree, but it is not else.
The Topic starter can try for information by the old user for the setup cd. when the other hasn't, than is there no other solution for buy a new one.
You know, you can better self make a Computer than that you buy a pre-installed Computer from the factory.
I did create self a Computer and I can many times make setup cd.'s.
So when I say to myself, I sell my pc., the other buys it and the other have not a setup cd., than he or she can make a setup cd.
Don't ask me how that is possible that with some factories just like Hp, is not possible, I don't know.
I am software Tester and not a System Programmer.
But what I did tell, is true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users