Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My Computer Has Spy Falcon

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 homefry

homefry

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:23 AM

Posted 13 February 2006 - 09:10 PM

My computer has Spy Falcon as of today...we found this forum, and printed out the directions on how to remove SpyFalcon and dxmpp.dll...

We are getting stuck at step 16:

as the various screens pop up---we continually get a dialog box that says "No disk in drive, please insert disk" We press continue, and when it gets to the final screen---we are stuck in a loop receiving the above error. In the command area, we will get Device is Not Ready.

We cannot get to the point, where the instructions say that "the desktop will disappear and text will scroll across the screen"

frustrating as we have gotten so close to completing this-but can't get to step #17

Any help would be appreciated!

Thx

I note that others are following the instructions given, and are successful in fixing this problem. Has anyone else had an issue while running the tool removal process? My infected computer is SOL until I get past the above issue...thanks again!

Edited by homefry, 14 February 2006 - 10:47 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 noahdfear

noahdfear

New Bremen Bulldog

• Malware Response Team
  • 1,870 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 AM

Posted 16 February 2006 - 10:19 PM

Hi homefry,

I've never seen anything like this happen with smitRem. Was there a log created at C:\smitfiles.txt? If so, post it's contents please.
Dave

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users