Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Crashes

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 xcr129

xcr129

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:50 AM

Posted 04 February 2012 - 06:38 PM

The crashes aren't like crashes I've seen before. The monitor(s) lose connection and go into standby mode, and the keyboard and mouse lights go off so i assume they lost power. The case fans and light stay on though which leads me to believe it's a motherboard problem. There are no error messages. I can be doing anything, high or low cpu/gpu usage. I have even been having crashes immediately after the bios screen before win7 even shows up. So far I have tried the win7 memcheck on startup and on taken all pieces out and re-seated them including removing old thermal paste and putting new stuff on as well as updating all drivers.

SPECS:
windows 7 64 bit
ASUS m4a87TD/USB3 motherboard
Phenom II x6 CPU
Hitachi 1TB 7200rpm Hard drive
3x2 gigs of g.skill RAM
Nvidia Geforce gtx 460 GPU

Any help is appreciated and feel free to ask for more information if I have forgotten anything.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Baltboy

Baltboy

Bleepin' Flame Head

• Members
  • 1,432 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 04 February 2012 - 09:58 PM

Power supply make and model? Also was it new with the build or re-used from a previous build?
Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.
Mark Twain

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users