Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Purchase Template: Good all rounder needed

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 ayupmiduck

ayupmiduck

• Members
  • 28 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:05 AM

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:51 AM

Hi guys, I am looking to replace my aging HP Pavillion PC. The PC shall be used by myself, my partner and eventually my baby boy. I want the PC to last for most tasks, so I can pass it on to the boy when he gets older. I would like the system to be easily upgradable.

The PC is to be purchased in the UK.

I have never built a PC before, but would not rule it out if it means getting a vastly improved system for my money. My budget is a guide.

My budget for the new computer is: 600 - 850

What are the primary uses for this computer (IE: mail, web browsing, programming, games, etc)? Web browsing, HD streaming, Music/Video playing, Office work, Gaming, storage

What software do you intend on using on the computer?

MS/Open office
Firefox
Mozilla Thunderbird
VLC
Music player
Avast
Some kind of photo/video suite
Burning software
Games

Do you play games? If so, what type of games?

I would like the PC to play most games that are available. I am not too concerned with ultra high settings, but I would like the PC to comfortably hold its own. I like plying MMORPGS and FPS but I can get my fix for FPS from my Xbox. I would like to play the new stars wars old republic on a decent setting.

Do you tend to have a lot of programs running at the same time, or do you close every program when you are done using it?

I want the PC to handle multi tasking well

Do you store a lot of pictures or music on the computer?

Yes

Needed:
Wireless card
Minimum 1TB storage
Stylish casing (eye candy) Not too huge and relatively quiet
HD monitor (biggest, sharpest for budget)

Desired:
SSD for OS and applications
2 monitor compatible

Any recommndations welcomed. Thanks muchly

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users