Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 SP1 64-bit download

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ascholz

ascholz

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:43 PM

I've tried numerous times to use Windows Update, Google, Technical Assistance, etc. to download SP1 for Windows 7 64-bit. Each time the download fails. I get a couple of error messages. I follow up on the error messages on Google and only get instructions to "Retry". Not very helpful. Has anyone had similar issues? Were you able to resolve it? If so, how?

Thanks!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:46 PM

Try this method: http://www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?displaylang=en&id=5842

#3 Nimblewill

Nimblewill

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:21 AM

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:53 PM

If you have not got the download working, you can order the SP1 disk from Microsoft.

No charge for the disk in North America.

Edit: $5.99 + Tax for shipping.

Edited by Nimblewill, 04 February 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#4 ascholz

ascholz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 AM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:01 PM

Greetings,

Acer laptop - Windows 7 64-bit.

I used the download suggested by Bleepin Madman and successfully installed the hotfix. Thank you. I thought this fix would repair my Windows Update issue, so I tried to use Windows Update to download SP1 again. I got another error message and was informed that the problem was due to something missing from my computer - no details as to what that might be. I've tried downloading multiple programs such as PC Fix only to find, after installing, that I needed to pay to run the program or to provide information I was not comfortable providing. Is there any good free software available that can run a diagnostic on my PC and help me isolate the problem? I tried the diagnostic tools included with my software. These only refer me to sites that require payment or agreeing to advertising add-ons.

I've contacted Acer and all they can offer is to re-install the OS. I really don't want to re-install, as this would wipe out all my settings. It took a lot of time to create them. Microsoft won't help unless I pay them. Can't afford that at the moment.

I tried to order the SP1 disk from Microsoft, but the order page isn't working.

I admit to being a novice at this, so please, constructive criticism only : )

I've been struggling with this for several days now. Any ideas anyone has would be extremely helpful.

#5 cryptodan

cryptodan

Bleepin Madman

• Members
  • 21,868 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:21 AM

Posted 05 February 2012 - 07:05 PM

You need to download this file: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/info.aspx?na=41&srcfamilyid=c3202ce6-4056-4059-8a1b-3a9b77cdfdda&srcdisplaylang=en&u=http%3a%2f%2fdownload.microsoft.com%2fdownload%2f0%2fA%2fF%2f0AFB5316-3062-494A-AB78-7FB0D4461357%2fwindows6.1-KB976932-X64.exe

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users