Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Blue Screen of Death (then restart)

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 median

median

• Members
  • 127 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:23 AM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:27 PM

Specs: Windows XP Pro (SP3), 3 Gigs RAM, AMD Phenom Quad Core 2.5 GHz, Western Digital Caviar 250G HD

The machine I am trying to fix is not (typically) on the internet. So, I am not worried about viruses. This machine is used for DAW (Digital Audio Workstation) only. That is, I use this machine to record music, and that is all. As of recent, I was in the middle of loading drivers for a Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2. Just then, I received (what I thought) was the blue screen of death, only it came on (and then left) so fast that I could not see what it was. Since then, every time I attempt to start the machine it will (seemingly) start Windows fine. However, as soon as I enter my password to get into windows, only a few seconds goes by, and then I receive a very quick blue screen (with some white lettering on it) and then the machine shuts down and restarts. Any help on this would be much appreciated.

Thx,
median

"There is no way to happiness. Happiness is the way." Buddha

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhayz

jhayz

• BC Advisor
  • 6,922 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:23 PM

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:39 AM

Please disable uuto restart in XP and post the message on your next reply.

Tekken

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users