Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

iTunes won't sync music to iPod

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jcornell16

jcornell16

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:31 PM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:58 PM

I recently had a computer virus and my computer is now restored to factory settings. I downloaded the latest version of itunes yesterday. I added all my music from my external hard drive to the library. When I try to sync the ipod classic only part of the music syncs and the artwork is not there. There are 1184 albums in the itunes library, only the letters a-c make it to the ipod after over an hour of syncing. It looks as though all the music is going on by watching the itunes program sync but its just not on the ipod. Help!

Also, these are all cd's in my library. I think I bought only 1 or 2 albums from iunes.

Edited by jcornell16, 03 February 2012 - 04:59 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:44 PM

make sure all of the songs are checked marked to sync, if it still failes to sync all songs, make it so you can manually manage ipod and sync again.

#3 Chris Appleyard

Chris Appleyard

• Members
  • 61 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:31 PM

Posted 17 July 2012 - 10:29 AM

Hey, I am having the same problem, how do you mark the music to snyc??
Thanks
Chris A

"Education is the most powerful weapon which you can use to change the world"
-Nelson Mandela

Windows 7 Home Premium | AMD Athlon II 250 Dual Core CPU | 4.0 RAM Kingston | Nvidia GT 520 | Elite Group MCP61M-M3 Motherboard | COMODO Firewall | Avast! Free | Google Chrome.

#4 Jmiah

Jmiah

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 10:37 AM

Hi, ever since I updated to iTunes 10.7, my ipod touch 4g is no longer recognized by iTunes. I just want to add and remove songs from my ipod is there another way other than through itunes - i.e. by dragging and dropping my tracks via My Computer? I just think it is a lot of hassle to only be able to use my ipod!

#5 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:31 PM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 11:05 AM

You can Use an alternative program. It is called shared pod and works bidirectionally. Meaning you can take songs from your ipod or put them in.
The link for it is.. http://www.getsharepod.com/ and if you don't want to read about it and just go straight to download...
http://www.getsharepod.com/download/SharePod_3.99.zip

:) Hope it helps.

#6 mamassito

mamassito

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:31 AM

Posted 12 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Hi, ever since I updated to iTunes 10.7, my ipod touch 4g is no longer recognized by iTunes. I just want to add and remove songs from my ipod is there another way other than through itunes - i.e. by dragging and dropping my tracks via My Computer? I just think it is a lot of hassle to only be able to use my ipod!

Third party tools galore - a popular one is copytrans manager. A freeware which works with iPods and iOS devices alike - currently using it with my iphone 5.
que fuerte!

#7 Jmiah

Jmiah

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:31 PM

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:28 AM

Thanks mamassito. This saved the day.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users