Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Boot up stopped at please wait.

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Mionot

Mionot

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:24 PM

Whenever I boot up my laptop in regular mode, it always stops at "please wait" with the little blue spinning circle thing. It freezes and wont move on to the log in screen. When i try any safe mode, debugging mode, or last good configuration mode, it works, but i want to know what the problem is with regular. I've run many virus scans and nothing shows up, so i dont think thats the problem. Its a lenovo laptop just incase you need to know. I've tried backup and restore, but for some reason that wont work and I used a program called ccleaner to wipe my C drive free space but that didnt help. Ive also run registry scans and checked all the startup programs and nothing in there should be interfering with normal boot up. Ive tried "repair computer" in f8 before the freeze but that couldnt find anything, all it said was "if you have a recently attached device, remove and try again" or something like that. No actual problems were found though. If you know whats going on, please help.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:55 AM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:55 PM

When did it last work properly? What changed since then? (hardware or software install, uninstall, update, malware, etc.)

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#3 Mionot

Mionot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

just a couple updates i think. nothings been download since then

#4 Mionot

Mionot
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2012 - 09:24 AM

also, in last known good configuration and debugging mode. after about 10 minutes, the entire system will just stop responding and i have to force shut down the laptop with the off button.

#5 James Litten

James Litten

Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2012 - 02:06 PM

Hi

Have you tried booting it normally and then just leaving it on that 'please wait' screen for an hour?

Be sure to have the AC adapter plugged in if you try that. I know it sounds counter intuitive but I have seen this result in a complete boot more often than not. If it does eventually boot, go into device manager and see if anything has a question mark or an exclamation mark on it.

To get to Device Manager
Click the Windows Orb in the lower left corner (used to be the START button in XP) and in the text box for searching type
Device Manager
and it will show up in the list for you to click.

James

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users