Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

stop and go computer freezing

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rykuu

rykuu

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:58 AM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

I think I might have gotten infected by some virus when downloading a game called "ACE", at least after attempting to download it is when my computer started acting like this.

Using Windows 7

So here's what is happening. My computer will randomly freez up maybe every 2-45 minutes (longest period for smooth running has been 2 1/2 hours). It will start by freezing the program I am using at the time, then the desktop, then the toolbar (bottom thingy where the start button and everything elss is). It will then remain frozen like that for anywheres between 5-35 minutes.

I have already ran the following security programs: Windows 7 default security, Malwarebytes, Norton 360 (currently running as this message is being typed), and none of them have helped (norton claims to see 104 problems so far).

Should Norton fail to fix this when it is finished, what should I do to get ridd of whatever is causing these problems?

Thanks in advance,
Rykuu Disaga

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,680 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:58 AM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:54 PM

You abandoned this topic a month ago: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic430530.html
I suggest you PM Gringo and ask him to reopen.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#3 rykuu

rykuu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:11 PM

You abandoned this topic a month ago: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic430530.html
I suggest you PM Gringo and ask him to reopen.

Nope, this is a completely different problem. Back then I was being redirected to a weird website whenever I clicked a Search engine link. This is making my computer freeze.....

Also, Norton 360 has found several things and my computer is doing a little better, and only frozew once on log-in for a few seconds. I am unsure if it will freeze again.

#4 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,680 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:19 PM

If Norton found something it looks like you're still infected.
You simply wasted Gringo's time.
Cleaning procedure once started has to be completed.

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

#5 rykuu

rykuu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:26 PM

If Norton found something it looks like you're still infected.
You simply wasted Gringo's time.
Cleaning procedure once started has to be completed.

so your saying something that I am facing now, which never happened during the previous problem, is due to the previous problem, even though it's been a couple months since then and nothing has happened? unless this was a virus that layed dormant for 2 whole months then I think it is something entirely different from the other problem. And unless you have something of substance which will actualy FIX the problem I face, I kindly ask you to refrain from puting your useless comments on my REAL problem.

Thank you very much,
Rykuu

#6 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,680 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

I have no clue and most likely nobody else will have a clue since your computer was never declared as clean.

My Website

p4433470.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users