The latest version of Java is V7.2.
If you have a problem uninstalling the old versions use this: Java uninstaller
Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
- Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 7 and save it to your desktop.
- Look for "Java Platform, Standard Edition".
- Click the "Download JRE" button to the right.
- Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
- From the list, select your OS and Platform (32-bit or 64-bit).
- If a download for an Offline Installation is available, it is recommended to choose that and save the file to your desktop.
- Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
> Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs
or Programs and Features
in Vista/Windows 7 and remove all
older versions of Java.
-- Java is updated frequently. If you want to be automatically notified of future updates, just turn on the Java Automatic Update feature and you will not have to remember to update when Java releases a new version.
- Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
- Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
- Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
- Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
- Then from your desktop double-click on jre-7u2-windows-i586.exe (or jre-7u2-windows-x64.exe for 64-bit) to install the newest version.
- If using Windows 7 or Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
- When the Java Setup - Welcome window opens, click the Install > button.
- If offered to install a Toolbar, just uncheck the box before continuing unless you want it.
- The McAfee Security Scan Plus tool is installed by default unless you uncheck the McAfee installation box when updating Java.
Edited by mark1956, 03 February 2012 - 07:03 AM.