Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Java

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 pengchee

pengchee

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 04:46 AM

Hi pals I have update java to v6 .3.0 and now some of the programs is not working. I have tried a numbers of thing from the net when I tried to see whether any have the same problems. I am sure the file and registry is corrupted, the java folder is 345MB. of contents. I tried to uninstalled it but not successful. Can you please let me know how to un-installed and re-install it.
Thanks.
My OS. XP Pro. SP3

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mark1956

mark1956

• Security Colleague
  • 271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:59 AM

The latest version of Java is V7.2.

If you have a problem uninstalling the old versions use this: Java uninstaller

Please follow these steps to remove older version Java components and update:
  • Download the latest version of Java Runtime Environment (JRE) Version 7 and save it to your desktop.
  • Look for "Java Platform, Standard Edition".
  • Click the "Download JRE" button to the right.
  • Read the License Agreement, and then check the box that says: "Accept License Agreement".
  • From the list, select your OS and Platform (32-bit or 64-bit).
  • If a download for an Offline Installation is available, it is recommended to choose that and save the file to your desktop.
  • Close any programs you may have running - especially your web browser.
Go to Posted Image > Control Panel, double-click on Add/Remove Programs or Programs and Features in Vista/Windows 7 and remove all older versions of Java.
  • Check (highlight) any item with Java Runtime Environment (JRE or J2SE) in the name.
  • Click the Remove or Change/Remove button and follow the onscreen instructions for the Java uninstaller.
  • Repeat as many times as necessary to remove each Java versions.
  • Reboot your computer once all Java components are removed.
  • Then from your desktop double-click on jre-7u2-windows-i586.exe (or jre-7u2-windows-x64.exe for 64-bit) to install the newest version.
  • If using Windows 7 or Vista and the installer refuses to launch due to insufficient user permissions, then Run As Administrator.
  • When the Java Setup - Welcome window opens, click the Install > button.
  • If offered to install a Toolbar, just uncheck the box before continuing unless you want it.
  • The McAfee Security Scan Plus tool is installed by default unless you uncheck the McAfee installation box when updating Java.
-- Java is updated frequently. If you want to be automatically notified of future updates, just turn on the Java Automatic Update feature and you will not have to remember to update when Java releases a new version.

Edited by mark1956, 03 February 2012 - 07:03 AM.

#3 pengchee

pengchee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:50 AM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:17 AM

Thanks for your reply. At present I have java6 update26 build 1.600b-03. do I need to uninstall it. Thanks.

#4 mark1956

mark1956

• Security Colleague
  • 271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:50 AM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 08:26 AM

Yup, that is out of date.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users