Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Chrome Malware Warning

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Smerika

Smerika

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 PM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:34 AM

Hi there! I use Google Chrome and recently every time I go to a website (including facebook, yahoo, etc...) I get a Malware warning and I don't know what to do/how serious it is.
This is what it says:

Warning! Somethings Not Right Here!

www.yahoo.com contains content from oibruvv.com, a site known to distribute malware. Your computer might catch a virus if you visit this site.

Google has found malicious software may be installed onto your computer if you proceed. If you've visited this site in the past or you trust this site, it's possible that it has just recently been compromised by a hacker. You should not proceed, and perhaps try again tomorrow or go somewhere else.

We have already notified oibruvv.com that we found malware on the site. For more about the problems found on oibruvv.com, visit the Google Safe Browsing diagnostic page.

----
I get this notice with EVERY site that I go to (even when I went to this one).
I've already rebooted my computer, have run malwarebytes and superantispyware and nothing has helped.
Any help in fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated!! :]

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 zeSilverSage

zeSilverSage

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:11 AM

Its a Virus/Malware that came from Facebook.
The dad walks into daughter thing or something (I had to fix this for 5 of my friends)

What I would recommend is going to start-Programs-Accessories-system tools-system restore

Choose a date before you clicked it, if there is one, "click on the box at the bottom left that says 'show more restore points' or something like that"
This will take a few minutes and just let it work.

All of my friends were good at Jan 25th.

Also reset your passwords for accounts you have been on in the past few days just to be safe.

have a good day!
sage

#3 dfoverdx

dfoverdx

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:45 PM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 03:05 PM

Any ideas on removing this on a mac?

Thanks,
-Jordan

#4 nick96

nick96

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 09 February 2012 - 02:17 AM

I have the same 'oibruvv' malware problem on PC.
don't have system restore point far enough back.
Grateful for any other suggestions?

thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users