I don't know your Operating System.
You need to Show hidden files
I'd start In Task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC),click the Processes
Highlight each and Click the End Process
Boot to Safe Mode
use windows search utility to search for and delete these.....
%CommonDesktopDir%\Get free emoticons and winks!.url
%CommonDesktopDir%\iLivid Download Manager.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\iLivid\iLivid Download Manager.lnk
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\iLivid
Run TFC by OT
(Temp File Cleaner)
Please download TFC
by Old Timer and save it to your desktop. alternate download link
Save any unsaved work. TFC will close ALL open programs including your browser!
Double-click on TFC.exe
to run it. If you are using Vista, right-click on the file and choose Run As Administrator
Click the Start
button to begin the cleaning process and let it run uninterrupted to completion. Important!
If TFC prompts you to reboot, please do so immediately. If not prompted, manually reboot the machine anyway to ensure a complete clean.
Your HOSTS file
may be infected. Reset the HOSTS file
As this infection also changes your Windows HOSTS file, we want to replace this file with the default version for your operating system.
Some types of malware will alter the HOSTS file as part of its infection. Please follow the instructions provided in How do I reset the hosts file back to the default?
To reset the hosts file automatically,go HERE
button. Then just follow the prompts in the Fix it wizard.
in the File Download
dialog box or save MicrosoftFixit50267.msi
to your Desktop and double-click on it to run. Then just follow the promots in the Fix it wizard.Next run MBAM (MalwareBytes):
Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware
and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1
<<<== Use this one first.Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.
- Make sure you are connected to the Internet.
- Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.
- When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.
- When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:
- Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Then click Finish.
MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.
- If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.
- If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.
On the Scanner tab:
- Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.
- Then click on the Scan button.
- If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button.
- The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.
- When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".
- Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.
Back at the main Scanner screen:
Note: If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you will be asked to reboot your computer so MBAM can proceed with the disinfection process. If asked to restart the computer, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware.Troubleshoot Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
- Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.
- Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.
- When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.
- The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
- Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your operating system.
- Exit MBAM when done.