Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Lexmark Printer X5150 "cartridge Stall Error"

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 oldcorpsgunny

oldcorpsgunny

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:03 PM

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:38 PM

About a month ago I started having problems with my All-in-One Lexmark X5150 printer: it kept saying I had a "cartridge stall error". I took out and reseated the cartridges, reinstalled the driver, contacted the manufacturer's web site for updates (there weren't any) and searched for their solutions to the problem (none). Since I have had the printer for 5 years and only paid $130 for it, I figured I had gotten my money's worth :thumbsup:

Out of curiosity, I decided to try to find out what had gone wrong with the printer and started to run some basic diagnostics on it. It turned out that the ribbon cable running from the printer head had worn out and one of the wires inside had broken. Like I said, I feel I got my money's worth.

Anyway, I thought I would share this in case anyone else is having similar problems. There was a 7-10 period of intermittent problems that got progressively worse until the printer finally gave up the ghost. If it had been a new model I would have returned it to Lexmark for repair; as it is, it allowed me to upgrade to a newer and better model and be able to justify the purchase to my wife.

Old Corps Gunny
Semper Fi

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 gunner

gunner

• Members
  • 337 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:03 PM

Posted 13 February 2006 - 11:56 PM

Semper Fi or die, Gunny. Gunner M. Like my dog?

Edited by gunner, 13 February 2006 - 11:57 PM.

Spike's advice: Backup your data routinely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users