Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mail Merge

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 chayden

chayden

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:55 PM

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:41 PM

Hi:

I am attempting to design a mail merge using word and excel (Microsoft Office 2010)to be used in a silent auction for a non-profit benefit party. I want to set up a system that makes consolidating all the data on purchases and buyers, and generating receipts, fast and easy once the auction closes.

My problem is how to create a receipt through mail merge when each attendee (or buyer) purchases a different number of items (some 1, some 2, some none, etc.). At the end of the auction, the data input person will have an excel sheet that includes 4 columns: the purchased product's item number in column A, and its description in column b. To be filled in at the auction close is the buyer's ID number in column c, and the price in column d. At completion, a simple sort by buyer number will line up all the buyers and their purchases together. My question is - how do I create a mail merge form (to be the sales receipt) for each buyer that will list all of their purchases (one or several) and the total amount owed.

Maybe there is another way to think this through. However, I want to start with the item number in column A to make it quick and easy for the data person.

Thanks so much for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 code13

code13

• Members
  • 136 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:55 PM

Posted 22 February 2012 - 03:38 PM

If you have a practice data sheet and word file, i can help set it up for you. Also, Access can do all this and you can print reports and will make this easier for you.

What you are trying to do...
the item will have a slot for "buyer id"
the item will have a cell of the cost...
make a excel reference to copy all "buyer id #3"found in column X into another sheet.(merging sheet)
and on the merging sheet have it autosum the cost saved on column d. Then use mail merge with sheet 2.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users