Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 keeps freezing indiscriminately

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Mission Man

Mission Man

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:46 PM

On my Dad's Dell computer, originally loaded with Windows Vista but since upgraded to Windows 7, the computer keeps freezing at random, no matter whether in Excel, Word, Google Chrome browser or Mozilla Firefox browser. He had Avast professional antivirus, but a computer friend of his told him that that was causing the problem and to change to AVG basic. The computer still freezes. I've run the AVG and Malwarebytes but neither are reporting any problems.

Anyone have any idea what might be causing this to constantly freeze?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Don

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Broni

Broni

The Coolest BC Computer

• BC Advisor
  • 42,698 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 PM

Posted 02 February 2012 - 06:39 PM

Download and install SIW Multilanguage With Installer (SIW free version) (bottom of the screen)

Run the tool.
After it scans your computer, navigate to Hardware>Sensors and post all info from there.

Posted Image

My Website

p4433470.gif

My help doesn't cost a penny, but if you'd like to consider a donation, click p22001735.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users