Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

error code windows root \system32\ntoskrnl.exe.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 undreamed germ

undreamed germ

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:50 AM

Posted 02 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

I have a desktop computer and before windows boots i am receiving this error code <window root>\system32\ntoskrnl.exe. it is telling me to overcome this problem I must put in the windows cd which i don't have and cannot get my hands on to run the windows recovery console is there a way around this problem please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,406 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:50 PM

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .

Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.

When autoscan is done (screen comes up), click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.

Save the report as BSOD.txt.

Open BSOD.txt, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.

Louis

#3 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:50 PM

Posted 04 February 2012 - 10:06 PM

Will the computer boot into Safe mode? Begin pressing F8 just as the BIOS screen goes away to bring up an 'advanced boot options' menu. Select Safe Mode. Relate in your next reply what happens.

If you cannot get into Safe Mode, can you take a picture of the BSOD? Upload the picture to a website such as http://www.mediafire.com and copy the link it gives you to your next reply.

Edited by LucheLibre, 04 February 2012 - 10:11 PM.

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users