Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Pandora

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:51 PM

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:48 PM

Now this rawks!!

Become your own D.J. and create up to 100 online personal radio stations! Posted Image

Yahoo Picks_Pandora
February 10, 2006
Pandora
The Music Genome Project has been around for a while now, but it recently got a fancy facelift courtesy of its new interface Pandora. For the uninitiated, the Genome Project is "the most sophisticated taxonomy of musical information ever collected." What good is that to you? It exists just to help you find new music you might like, based on the artists, songs, and genres you already like. Enter the name of a favorite band, and you'll be offered 20 similar groups. And now with Pandora, the Genome Project has gone deluxe. On the front page, you can type in the name of a group and listen as the system plays something by them or a similar artist. Each time something new is played for you, you can choose whether or not it "fits." In the end, you wind up with your own personalized station, all wrapped up in a slick Flash presentation and efficiently saved for the next time you find your way back. (in Music)

Pandora's F.A.Q.'s

Posted Image

Edited by Scarlett, 13 February 2006 - 07:19 PM.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 edwilson

edwilson

• Members
  • 47 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:51 PM

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:55 PM

I've been using this site for awhile, it's fantastic. It actually took me a while to realize that you can stop a song that you dislike and tell it to move on to something else. It's truly a great site.

#3 raw

raw

Bleeping Hacker

• Members
  • 2,577 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2006 - 08:23 PM

Works on Linux too :thumbsup:

rawsig.png

rawcreations.net          @raw_creations

Current systems: WHAT OS, BackTrack-raw, PCLinuxOS, Peppermint OS 6, Kali Linux

and a custom Linux From Scratch server hosting a bunch of top secret stuff.

#4 Dollyeyes

Dollyeyes

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 14 February 2006 - 10:56 AM

:thumbsup: ..doesnt work in England town tho...but I was able to arrange some fav choons..but still..waiting for em to enable us Brits to use it...unless i was doing something wrong... :flowers: :trumpet:
Posted Image
Of all the things Ive lost...I miss my mind the most!

#5 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2006 - 11:14 AM

Oh I'm sorry Dolly, I did not realize that it was not available outside of the U.S. .

Pandora F.A.Q.'s

Q: Why do you need to know my zip code?

At this time we are only licensed to offer Pandora music services to residents of the United States. Audio streaming regulations differ from country to country, and we are working on acquiring the proper licenses so we can legally offer Pandora outside of the United States. We require your zip code to confirm that you are a resident of the United States.
http://blog.pandora.com/faq/

Posted Image

#6 Sprite_Feedback

Sprite_Feedback

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:51 PM

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:12 PM

er works in the uk. Listening to it now

g

#7 Dollyeyes

Dollyeyes

• Members
  • 226 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:51 PM

Posted 15 February 2006 - 11:07 AM

..you can listen to the tracks you chose Sprite but then it asks you to register details and a zip code..so..then it doesnt work...lol :thumbsup:

Scarlett copied the bit from Pandora that explains it...(which I had thought of that...doh) :flowers: Gonna have to practice that in Scribbles methinks..!
Posted Image
Of all the things Ive lost...I miss my mind the most!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users