Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

'No Signal Input' Error - Help me please!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Callalily

Callalily

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:15 PM

Hello All

A few days ago I got a CPU over temperature error, so I replaced the stock intel CPU cooler with a Corsair h80. When I turned the computer on, it didn't post, the keyboard input doesn't work anymore and the message, 'no signal input check video cable', flashed on the screen before it went black. The fans on the graphics card and power supply were spinning, but no output. I've taken this thing apart and put it back together several times to make sure I didn't mistakenly disconnect anything.

Specs:

Asus P6X58D Premium motherboard
Corsair h80 CPU cooler
intel i930 CPU
Corsair tx750w power supply
hanns-g monitor
gskill ddr-1600 memory
sapphire ati radeon 5850

I really hope someone can help me. TIA.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:29 PM

message, 'no signal input check video cable', flashed on the screen

This indicates that the computer has not finished the P.O.S.T. (Power On Self Test).
Or to put it another way no video.

Exactly how did you change the cooler. Did you remove the motherboard to install the new one for example?

I have the same CPU and the stock Intel cooler keeps it cool even under the load of encoding video FWIW.

Did you release the clips and then pull the top where the screwdriver slot is up and then pull the cooler?

Did you have a screwdriver anywhere near the motherboard that could have slipped?

Is the New cooler touching any parts on the Motherboard, including Video card or Memory?

Are you sure the CPU cooler is flat against the CPU? If not the motherboard should shut off very quickly to protect the CPU.

Did you try reseating the Memory and Vidoe card and any other cards in the computer?

If my Internet stays up I'll go look at the Motherboard and see if anything else occurs to me. Internet keeps going out today, Darned frustrating.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 Callalily

Callalily
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:47 PM

message, 'no signal input check video cable', flashed on the screen

This indicates that the computer has not finished the P.O.S.T. (Power On Self Test).
Or to put it another way no video.

Exactly how did you change the cooler. Did you remove the motherboard to install the new one for example?

I have the same CPU and the stock Intel cooler keeps it cool even under the load of encoding video FWIW.

Did you release the clips and then pull the top where the screwdriver slot is up and then pull the cooler?

Did you have a screwdriver anywhere near the motherboard that could have slipped?

Is the New cooler touching any parts on the Motherboard, including Video card or Memory?

Are you sure the CPU cooler is flat against the CPU? If not the motherboard should shut off very quickly to protect the CPU.

Did you try reseating the Memory and Vidoe card and any other cards in the computer?

If my Internet stays up I'll go look at the Motherboard and see if anything else occurs to me. Internet keeps going out today, Darned frustrating.

Good Luck
Roger

Thanks for answering, Roger! :)

1. I unscrewed the motherboard to install the backplate.

2. yes, that's the way I removed the stock cooler.

3. Yes, I had to use a screwdriver to screw and unscrew the motherboard. I don't think it slipped.

4. no, the new cooler isn't touching any parts or the motherboard

5. yes, the cooler is flat against the CPU

6. yep, i tried reseating the memory and video card. I took everything out and put it back in several times. I'm so frustrated.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2012 - 10:44 AM

Also you do have both of the power supply plugs plugged in to the motherboard?
The 20 / 24 pin is for power to most of the motherboard. The 4 or 8 pin plug is the CPU power, no connection for both and no P.O.S.T.
Not to mention if your video card needs it the 6 pin PCI-e power leads.

As a test take out the motherboard and put back the old cooler. With it sitting on the table with a box underneath the board so that the video card is being pushed up in the slot, try it that way and see what happens.

Sitting a no post motherboard on a wooden tabletop is one test that can help.

I suggest this since one thing that did change for sure is you put the backplate under the motherboard.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 03 February 2012 - 10:44 AM.

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/

167 @ June 2015

#5 Callalily

Callalily
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2012 - 05:00 PM

Yep, both power supply plugs are plugged in. I did all of that already. Same result. I just want to make sure that I didn't overlook anything before I buy a new motherboard, but it looks like I did all of the steps. DAMN IT! *bangs head*

#6 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,093 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:20 PM

Did you try putting back the old cooler just in case the backplate is shorting something?

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users