Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Layout

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Osiris

Osiris

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:05 PM

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:23 PM

Ok well me and a few friends have been working on this site www.tyroshack.com we are having alot of trouble getting members because alot of them say the layout is dull and boring so i was wondering if someone could check the layout out and maybe make a more eye catching banner and maybe a layout if you want to.
I can only learn what i want to learn.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2006 - 09:02 AM

I am not sure what the purpose of the site is (a brief phrase in the top banner might be good), but since it appears to be a forum, keeping it graphically simple and easy to navigate is more important than a lively (and distracting---gaming forums especially do that) layout. Let the content draw members.
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 Osiris

Osiris
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 140 posts
  •  

Posted 14 February 2006 - 02:38 PM

The site is for tutorials there not all pro's them selves there all mostly my age that know how to program and are very familiar with languages and help other people who want to and its a chat about other computer stuff and just chatting if you have any tips it would be good.
I can only learn what i want to learn.

#4 Alwaysnoobie

Alwaysnoobie

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 05 March 2006 - 10:39 AM

Dear Osiris
Congrats for that site.
I have been through the site and I find it pretty good. Definitely, the gist of content can be grabbed on the first visit, and if somebody is interested in the content, they will surely join, as I did.

On the banner, you dint say tutorials on what subjects. To adjust that, add an introductory topic, in a small paragraph, about the site, just above the recent postings. The first look will be to that 'about' paragraph. So take care to hilite it a bit. Below it, you can include the postings that are updated.
Also it appears only as 'TyroShack' on the title bar of the browser. Add an extension like 'TyroShack-your ultimate guide to this and that...'
Thank you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users