Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows Open In Small Size

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 boydphoto

boydphoto

• Members
  • 57 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:24 AM

Posted 13 February 2006 - 05:05 PM

i updated firefox. now almost all of my windows in ie/firefox open small so i have to maximize them. thanks, boyd.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Leurgy

Leurgy

Voted most likely

• Members
  • 3,831 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 13 February 2006 - 06:05 PM

I can't help you with FF but open IE and hold down the Ctrl key. Move the borders of the IE window to the desired size. Release the Ctrl key. Go to File and select Close. You must close the window using Close, not the X. Reopen IE and it should be sized as you like it.

When the only tool you own is a hammer, every problem begins to resemble a nail. Abraham Maslo

**** We use our powers for good, not evil ****

Trying to remove your data from the web is like trying to remove pee from a swimming pool

#3 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:24 AM

Posted 13 February 2006 - 10:42 PM

Try dragging the Firefox window open in all directions. Open a second copy while the first is still open and do the same thing.

Windows default is supposed to be to remember the window size of the last time the ap was open.

See if that helps.

#4 ZENER

ZENER

• Members
  • 108 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 14 February 2006 - 12:49 AM

I can't help you with FF but open IE and hold down the Ctrl key. Move the borders of the IE window to the desired size. Release the Ctrl key. Go to File and select Close. You must close the window using Close, not the X. Reopen IE and it should be sized as you like it.

Good one here. :thumbsup:
The Uprise of a new Technology is the contributing factor to the failure of many human brains.
In short ==== We are too reliant on Technology.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users