Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Acer Laptop 7540-1493 black screen

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Phlimm

Phlimm

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:12 PM

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:26 PM

I have an Acer Aspire 7540-1493, Model MS2278. The monitor went dead and so I replaced it. That worked fine for 2 weeks until one day I updated my ITunes. After the required reboot, the screen was black again. No BIOS or startup screens visible either, exactly the same as before. When it boots up everything is working fine, just no display. I sent back the replacement screen and bought one from a different vendor. Still no good. So I bought a new cable. No joy. So then I uninstalled ITunes. Nothing. There is no inverter (LED Backlit LCD Screen). Also updated to the latest video driver.

Acer claims that there are bad replacement parts but I find that unlikely as I have used 2 monitors from 2 different vendors. Of course they want me to send it in for over $200.00 plus shipping both ways.

The external VGA port works fine when connected to an outside monitor (which is how I am posting now). Have not tested the external HDMI port. The laptop does know when the lid is closed because I set it to shutdown and it does.

Windows 7 Home Premium, 64-bit SP 1
4 GB RAM, 256 MB Video RAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Version 8.930.0.0 12/05/2011
Generic non-PnP Monitor Driver Version 6.1.7600.16385 06/21/2006 (Microsoft driver)
BIOS Version V1.11
VGA BIOS Version BK-ATI V010.094.001.031.034066

Edited by Phlimm, 01 February 2012 - 05:50 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users