Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Samsung Galaxy S2

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 moota1514

moota1514

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 PM

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:06 PM

Hi my Samsung Galaxy S2 comes tomorrow its the first smartphone ive had the question is "do i need a antivirus" with the phone :thumbup2:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:33 PM

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:21 PM

Short answer, Yes. I use Lookout you can find it in the Android Market. There are others if you want to try them. I've used Lookout since before the others joined the party for Android.

Lookout Security & Antivirus

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#3 moota1514

moota1514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 03 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

Hey guys/gals can you tell me wer is the best place to buy a protecter case for my samsung (i think they just clip on the back so it does not get scratched)

#4 rigel

rigel

FD-BC

• Members
  • 12,944 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:33 PM

Posted 03 February 2012 - 12:47 PM

I use an OtterBox. Works great for me.

"In a world where you can be anything, be yourself." ~ unknown

"Fall in love with someone who deserves your heart. Not someone who plays with it. Will Smith

#5 moota1514

moota1514
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 113 posts
  •  

Posted 04 February 2012 - 07:59 AM

Is android market the best place for Apps..

#6 herec0m3strouble

herec0m3strouble

• Members
  • 29 posts
  •  

Posted 04 March 2012 - 03:02 AM

you really use an antivirus for your android devicce? I work for sprint and i have yet to see any mobile viruses, im assuming unless you download like sketchy apps from any of those hacked market apps

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:33 PM

Posted 04 March 2012 - 10:17 AM

you really use an antivirus for your android devicce?

Nasty Android Virus Fails To Inform You Your Calls May Be Recorded (Not For Quality Assurance)
Virus Watch: The 8 worst Android infections of 2011
Why Android Viruses Are Growing, and How To Stop Them

And for a lot more reading:
Android Malware
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 Yiddish

Yiddish

• Banned Spammer
  • 48 posts
  •  

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:21 AM

Obviously yes, you may be attacked when you download applications and while sending payments even to prevent from hackers,
from blogs and articles i came to know Comodo mobile security can be used for smart phones.

#9 hipityglop

hipityglop

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  

Posted 04 April 2012 - 10:13 PM

How much does the anti-virus effect a cell phones performance? 10%?

#10 BlackSpyder

BlackSpyder

Bleeping Big Rig

• BC Advisor
  • 2,456 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 05:15 PM

hipityglop depends on the phone and the Mobile security application. My Samsung Moment was originally using ESET mobile but it got to a point where the phone would start locking up because resources were being tied up between it and my GUI, so I had to get rid of both apps.

Posted Image

#11 black_icon

black_icon

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:41 PM

Does Samsung Corby 2 need an anti-virus as well? I just got mine few days ago and I'm not sure if there's one on it.
He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is FOOL but he who knows not and knows that he knows not is WISE

#12 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 06:55 PM

The Samsung Corby uses a proprietary Samsung 'bada' OS so it is not an Android phone. You'll need to find out if any vendors have an Antivirus or Anti-Malware application for the Samsung OS.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#13 black_icon

black_icon

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:02 PM

I see...Thanks for that Animal.
He who knows not and knows not that he knows not is FOOL but he who knows not and knows that he knows not is WISE

#14 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Members
  • 35,905 posts
  •  

Posted 05 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

You're quite welcome.

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

#15 black_icon

black_icon

• Members
  • 199 posts
  •  

Posted 07 April 2012 - 03:24 PM

i just got my Samsung Corby 2. I received messages that I have voicemail messages in the mail box. I dialed the voicemail number and heard the voice recording saying that I have those messages. "Your have voicemail messages in your mail box. To access your default password, press 1. To modify your password, press 2 and to go back to main menu press the pound key.

I tried pressing 1 but it didn't give me my default password. I pressed 2 but it's asking for my current password. Well, I don't remember setting a password for it because I just got it.

Is there anyway to identify the existing password of the voicemail?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users