Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Freeware for pp2dvd

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 Victoria

Victoria

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:57 AM

Posted 31 January 2012 - 10:16 PM

Is there a program pp2dvd that is available? Thanks

Edited by hamluis, 08 February 2012 - 03:19 PM.
Moved from Business Applcations to Audio & Video.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:57 PM

Posted 01 February 2012 - 10:22 AM

This is the freeware version, which is feature limited:

http://www.wondershare.com/pro/ppt2video-free.html

Info:

http://www.freewaregenius.com/2010/03/18/ppt2video-free-convert-powerpoint-presentations-to-video/

You need another program to convert to DVD, this may be suitable:

Free Video to DVD Converter

http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/products/dvd/Free-Video-to-DVD-Converter.htm

You would have to buy one of the PRO versions, for a one-stop operation.

#3 Victoria

Victoria
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:04 AM

Thanks for the information. I actually just want it so that I can put my slide show on youtube so I can then share it to FB. So I'm assuming I wouldn't need the program to burn the dvd, correct? Again you have no idea how appreciative I am that you take the time to answer my questions.

#4 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2012 - 11:11 AM

Supported formats:

http://support.google.com/youtube/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=55744

Yes, you can upload your video file to Youtube.

#5 Victoria

Victoria
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:43 PM

I downloade the program and it asks for a registration code so it looks like it needs to be purchased. I also tried wondershare and it lets you use it but it has a stamp on it that appears on the slides and in order to have the stamp removed you need to purchase that one also. I guess one doesn't exist.

#6 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Which program asks for a reg code.
Wondershare requires a keycode, in exchange for your name and email address; neither the site, nor the information link gives any indication about watermarks,etc.

Edited by petewills , 01 February 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#7 Victoria

Victoria
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:01 PM

both of the programs ask for codes

#8 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2012 - 02:05 PM

Did you click on 'Get the keycode free' just above the Download Button on the Wondershare site.
It's the same program, the second link is just info.

#9 Victoria

Victoria
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2012 - 03:35 PM

I didn't see that. So I clicked it gave the information it asked for and when it downloads it asks for the keycode or you can buy it. It doesn't give a free keycode.

#10 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:57 PM

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:24 AM

Did you check your E-mail?
That's usually how a keycode is sent, when you have to register for the software.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#11 Victoria

Victoria
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

Yes I check my email frequently. Is there anyway you can try and download it to see if you get different results? I really don't think it is a program offered free. Thanks.

#12 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,375 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2012 - 01:51 PM

Hello Victoria.

It is a free program. Apart from the fact that it is called 'Wondershare PPT2Video Free', if you look at the first link and the left hand column, it says 'Price - Free'. I think we can believe them.

OK, I downloaded the program, got the keycode and now have the free program working. I was going to try it anyway, because I have Powerpoint.

When you click on 'Get the keycode free' you should get a box asking for your name and valid email address.
Underneath that there should be an orange graphic box showing a key symbol and saying 'Get Keycode'.
If you don't see that graphic, click directly under 'Agree to receive tips and special offers', until it appears,
then click the graphic and you should get a 'submission successful' screen. The email with the keycode was sent to
me immediately.

When you start the program for the first time, you have to enter the email address you supplied and the reg code from their email - just copy and paste and click 'Register'.

It may be a validation problem; when I tried to use my gmail email address, I got 'input error' so had to use my ISP account email address and my full name.

Would you like to try again.

It certainly works, I have created a .wmv file without watermarks, but having regard to the limited capabilities, I will not be keeping the program. If you liked the program, you might feel that it was worth buying the PRO version, to avoid the limitations.

If your PP presentation just consists of a series of pictures, you may be better off with Windows Movie Maker, which will also give you a .wmv file for upload.

There's no point in me PM ing you the regcode; it is unlikely to work with your email address.

Edited by petewills , 02 February 2012 - 02:34 PM.

#13 Victoria

Victoria
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:50 PM

I do NOT have the orange box that shows the key symbol. It's completely blank under the the registration box. I thought maybe it was my fire fox browser so I opened IE and it still it the same. I am going to call the contact number and see if they can help me. I was looking for a way to paste the picture of the screen on here but I don't see any attachment button and it wouldn't copy.

#14 Victoria

Victoria
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:13 PM

Ok I did find the orange box by clicking around. I used several different emails including my ips email which is A&TT still get the message error.

#15 Victoria

Victoria
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 126 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2012 - 10:14 PM

I received an email back from them and I am posting below. Apparently the free program only allows the first 5 slides. So much for "free". Oh well it was worth a try. Just thought you might like to know. Have a great weekend!

Dear Customer,

Your ticket in Wondershare Support Center has been updated. The record of your ticket is as below:

===========================================================
Dear Customer,

Thanks for contacting us. This is Snow from Wondershare Support Team. I'm here to help.
We appreciate your interest in our product very much.

May I ask did you use PPT2Video Free or the trial version of PPT2DVD Pro?
If it is the PPT2Video Free,you can download the free version from the link below: http://www.wondershare.com/pro/ppt2video-free.html#232
After you install successful, please input registration code as below.

Licensed email:prayin4sanity@att.net
Registration code:EAEIDGTB5FJEA4IKCUAV1MC3LA5ALWZH

Kind notice: The Free version has the limitation of converting only the first 5 slides.
If it is the trial version of PPT2DVD Pro,there is no registration code for trial version.You can click Order Later to have a try the program.
You can get more info and download URL of PPT2DVD Pro from this link:http://www.wondershare.com/pro/ppt2dvd-pro.html#232

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users