Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vertical Stripes on Monitor Screen/Comp Freeze

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 KimberlyK

KimberlyK

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 PM

Posted 31 January 2012 - 08:43 AM

OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon™ 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4000+, x64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 1
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2045 Mb
Graphics Card: Radeon X1300/X1550 Series, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 228121 MB, Free - 91954 MB; D: Total - 10239 MB, Free - 5641 MB;
Motherboard: Dell Inc, 0YY821
Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

A couple of days ago I needed to use Skype and my Logitech Webcam Pro 9000, both of which I hadn't used in a while. Skype asked to run an update, which I allowed. The Logitech Webcam also asked to run an update, which I also allowed. Everything seemed to work fine. That evening, I shut down my monitor but left the computer on. Next morning, turned on monitor, which showed vertical stripes and the screen was frozen. Rebooted computer. Black screen came up indicating computer did not shut down properly and requested to run repair and restore. After this was done, computer rebooted and all was fine. There was however an error msg on the desktop screen: "Runner file name Logitech Desktop Messenger. exe lacks a '-' (the app id separator)"

Closed error message. Went to Logitech website. Said to try and delete Logitech Desktop Messenger from the control panel (uninstall). Tried to uninstall and received msg: Set-up exe has stopped working. Could not uninstall Desktop Messenger. Logitech site said to then go to msconfig and uncheck it from the startup menu. I did this and unchecked Desktop Messenger. Every time I reboot, though, this box rechecks itself.

I also did the diagnostic at the ATI site for my graphics card, but it said my drivers were updated.

When I turned off my monitor again and then turned it on today, the vertical stripes were back and the system was frozen. I rebooted and had to do the repair again. This seems to a problem that started after the Logitech Webcam update. I also have a Logitech wireless mouse and keyboard. I'm hoping it's not a problem with my monitor.

Any assistance anyone can give me with this problem will be greatly appreciated!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 James Litten

James Litten

¿Ԁǝǝ˥q

• BC Advisor
  • 1,946 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:00 PM

Hi

My wife had almost the exact same setup for Skype calls a while back.

Have you tried the LDM Removal program they made because it was such a poorly written mess?
http://logitech-en-amr.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13853/~/uninstalling-logitech-desktop-messenger-%28ldm%29#LDM

Let us know if that works or if you have already tried it.

James

#3 KimberlyK

KimberlyK
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 01 February 2012 - 05:37 PM

Thank you so much! That appears to have completely solved the issue! :D Again, thank you, thank you!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users