Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sound Card Driver's problem?

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Beticertified

Beticertified

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:59 PM

Posted 31 January 2012 - 03:47 AM

I'm facing this problem since last two weeks, My OS sound card is skipping the driver, I'm daily installing it even on the same day I restart MY PC the driver are skipped. Is there a solution for it, Please help me out of this problem.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 mark1956

mark1956

• Security Colleague
  • 271 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:59 AM

Posted 31 January 2012 - 04:13 AM

Assuming you are talking about an add on sound card and not an on-board one then start by removing the card from the motherboard and clean the contacts with a soft pencil eraser and blow out the slot with a can of compressed air, refit the card.

Download the latest sound driver for your card and version of windows and save it to the desktop.
Go into Control Panel and select Add/Remove programs, look for any software related to the sound card and uninstall it.
Go into Device Manager and locate the sound card, right click on it and select Uninstall.
Run through this routine and locate any/all sound drivers and delete them. Do not reboot, just close all the boxes to get back to the desktop.
Double click on the driver that you saved to your desktop to install it.

If the drivers still drop out then I would suspect the card is faulty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users