Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Noo Sound A Real Bleeping Pc

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Taay

Taay

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:24 AM

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:46 PM

i have a pc... a man rebooted it because it had all types of spyware and crap on it...now there is no sound..its just a bleep...it says something about not having any active audio mixer devices i dunno what to do i really need sound on my pc please help me asap thatnks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 acklan

acklan

Bleepin' cat's meow

• Members
  • 8,529 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:24 AM

Posted 13 February 2006 - 01:59 PM

May be this can help BIOS beep & POST codes
"2007 & 2008 Windows Shell/User Award"

#3 Taay

Taay
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2006 - 02:04 PM

nope doesnt ring any bells

#4 dannyboy 950

dannyboy 950

• Members
  • 148 posts
  •  

Posted 13 February 2006 - 07:06 PM

nope doesnt ring any bells

In all probability from what you have written [error message] your sound card or drivers are bad.
Check in device manager, look for sound/audio devices. Look for a red X or a yellow exclamation mark it should give a short description as well.

The reason you hear the beep and nothing else is the beep is from the bios and uses a different sound generator and speaker direct from the motherboard. Depending on the type of bios you have the information allready given you will apply. Those were lists of common bios beeb codes.

A single beep after boot in most systems signifies a successful boot and subsequent loading of windows.

Your programs and windows itself uses a sound card/audio device whether onboard or add-in PCI card.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users