Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Eclipse Indigo Problems

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Pgagliano

Pgagliano

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:17 AM

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:09 PM

Hello,
I have recently installed MinGW and Eclipse Indigo for my computer programming class, but whenever I go to compile
my code I always get an error and cannot compile the edited code. My code is ok , meaning that when I compile it
for the first time , it builds the entire project and then I can debug it . However , after the next "build" it gives me the following :

c:/eclipse/eclipse ide for cc++ developers/mingw/bin/../lib/gcc/mingw32/4.4.1-dw2/../../../../mingw32/bin/ld.exe: cannot open output file CPP02.exe: Permission denied

I tried to re install and the same thing happens, I am all out of ideas. Any input would be much appreciated! Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ident

ident

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:17 AM

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:44 PM

Sounds to me like the application is still running. What happens when you restart and try and build it again?

#3 ident

ident

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:24 PM

Another idea but to check Process Explorer

#4 Pgagliano

Pgagliano
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:45 PM

When I restart and try to build the code again it works perfectly, but when I want to edit the code again and run it, the same error appears. How would I get it to execute once then be able to make changes without restarting the whole program is the question now.

#5 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:24 PM

When I restart and try to build the code again it works perfectly, but when I want to edit the code again and run it, the same error appears. How would I get it to execute once then be able to make changes without restarting the whole program is the question now.

You can't. MinGW does not support editing the application in memory.

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#6 ident

ident

• Members
  • 109 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2012 - 07:26 PM

In that case it is more then likely as my reply in post 2#. The application is in use. I have no experience with Eclipse in the C enviroment so there is little i can do to assist.

*edit Billy O'Neal above has shed some light.

Edited by ident, 30 January 2012 - 07:27 PM.

#7 Pgagliano

Pgagliano
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:55 PM

What advice would you have for me to be able to run eclipse without compilation problems? Is there any other way to get it to compile correctly with the use of any other compilers?

#8 Billy O'Neal

Billy O'Neal

Visual C++ STL Maintainer

• Malware Response Team
  • 12,304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:17 AM

Posted 30 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

Pgagliano: It's compiling just fine. You just can't edit a binary without stopping and rebuilding that binary. That's a limitation of MinGW -- no development environment can get around that if the compiler won't support it. Even on compilers where it's supported (e.g. MSVC++) it's often buggy enough to not be worth using in C++ projects.

Just stop and rebuild and you'll be fine. I know it's a bit less "streamlined" than "VM languages", but doing edit and continue is a hell of a lot harder for native code than it is for something like the CLR or JVM.

Billy3
Twitter - My statements do not establish the official position of Microsoft Corporation, and are my own personal opinion. (But you already knew that, right?)
Posted Image

#9 Pgagliano

Pgagliano
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  

Posted 05 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

Okay, Thank you all very much for your time! It is much appreciated!
Patrick

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users