Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Applications keep "refreshing" itself

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Elliyana

Elliyana

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:51 AM

Hello, thank you for viewing.

I'm currently experiencing a strange problem with my laptop. Whenever I certain gaming program run in the background (not in focus) the applications seem to shift back and forth from from "Running" and "Not Responding" almost like it constantly refreshes itself (every 3 or so seconds). However, if I keep one of those programs in focus, the problem doesn't occur as often. The task bar always seems to be moving as a result of this (almost doing a dance if I open enough programs that have this problem).

I've tried updating drivers, installed all service packs, scanned computer with Malware Bytes, Norton... nothing seems to fix the issue.

I'm using Windows 7, 64 bit 6.1 (7061), ATI Mobile Radeon HD 5650

I hope someone has some info on this, thank you for your help!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Elliyana

Elliyana
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 30 January 2012 - 03:30 AM

-Solved-

Tried it on a fresh new user account and things went smoothly. I guess my older user account was corrupted somehow! Sorry for any inconvenience.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,384 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:30 PM

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:26 AM

No inconvenience for anyone...glad you solved it and reported your self-resolution.

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users