Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

HP help

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cazec274

cazec274

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 29 January 2012 - 10:40 PM

Ok so I bought a hp laptop about a year ago and have been having a problem for the last couple days. I have windows 7 and when I go to start the laptop up it shows the HP screen then goes to the windows screen like its loading but then goes back to the hp logo and is stuck. I ran a HDD test and memory test those came back good. I tried to go into safe mode it acts like it loading then shows a blank screen. I try to do a system recovery and system restore the screen stays blank. I also took the battery out and help the power button down but that hasn't help. Anyone have any other things to try. it's no longer under warrenty.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 LucheLibre

LucheLibre

• Members
  • 608 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 29 January 2012 - 11:43 PM

Are you able to boot into a LiveCD such as Ubuntu or UBCD? Did your laptop come with Windows 7 installation discs?

Also, what HDD and memory tests did you run and for how long did you run them?

If it looks like I know what I'm doing, there's a pretty good chance the only reason for that is because
I once asked someone to run chkdsk /r and a BC Advisor smacked me in the back of the head.

~ LL ~

#3 cazec274

cazec274
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:02 AM

No my system didn't come with any disc and I'm trying to fix it without buying a windows disc or having someone fix it. I'm in my system dianostics or something like that have like start up test, system toon up and all that and they are all coming back as passed.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,415 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:28 AM

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

What is the specific model laptop involved?

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users