Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Does anyone know how to disable the security window on an Asus

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blueskies2fly

blueskies2fly

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:52 PM

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:16 PM

I just purchased this laptop and am working on tailoring it (taking out some of the bloat that came with it.) But I'm a novice and I have no idea what terminology to search for in help. I don't like having to click on the "Locked" screen each time it goes down for a bit. Can anyone tell me how to disable it? Thanx!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834230131

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 petewills

petewills

• Members
  • 1,377 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:52 AM

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:09 AM

The Manual is the first port of call.

Power Management - Control Panel / Power Options, generally deals with how a laptop reacts, according to your settings. You can turn off the suspend/hibernate features, if you wish.

You may also have an AsusSmartLogin utility running, if so, check settings there.
If not installed/running and it is available as an option under All Programs (Asus), probably best NOT to activate it, otherwise you may just compound the annoyances.

Input welcomed from Asus users; above is basic info, except for Login utility - info through Google search.

Nice spec.

#3 blueskies2fly

blueskies2fly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 15 February 2012 - 09:09 AM

Hi Pete. I don't know how I missed this reply (although I suspect I was in Texas for a funeral). I am SO happy to [potentially] be able to disable that screen! I tried through the User Account controls to no avail. It's very annoying. When my computer goes to sleep I have to wake it up by first hitting the start button, then wait for it to "Resume Windows" and then click the User Account window to be able to finally get in. Grrrrrr...........

Thanx again!

#4 blueskies2fly

blueskies2fly
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 21 February 2012 - 12:33 PM

I think I finally found a solution: http://www.windows7home.net/disable-lock-screen-after-screensaver-or-wakeup-in-windows-7/

just in case anyone else would like to know ;)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users