Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

wireless external hard drive

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 listo

listo

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 29 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

i currently have an external hard drive that is usb and i put movies and stuff on it then unhook it from my comp. and plug it into my blu-ray player to watch movies. I was hoping there was a wireless hard drive that i could leave plugged into the blue-ray player (usb) and access it over my network. (wired connection would also work but less desirebale (unless that would be better for some reason))I would like it to be accessible by multiple computers.
would this work for my purposes?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 29 January 2012 - 04:53 PM

This is what you are describing: wireless NAS
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822154488

Hope this points you in the right direction

BTW I use wired NAS drives for more reliable throughput.

Good Luck
Roger

Edited by rotor123, 29 January 2012 - 04:54 PM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 listo

listo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 34 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 AM

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:51 PM

ok thanks. thats what i thought i just wasn't sure. Will any nas with a usb work with my blueray player? looks like the one you posted works as a hub too, this would be cool i wouldn't have to run a second ethernet cable to the blue ray if i wanna run them both wired.

#4 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:14 AM

Posted 30 January 2012 - 11:01 AM

The Idea of a NAS is that in this it has a 1TB drive where you put things you want accessible anywhere on the network. I just picked that one as a example. I'd want to read user reviews if possible before buying.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users