Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem running MBAM issue #15 and SSubTmr6.dll

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 joyofweaving

joyofweaving

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:58 PM

Posted 29 January 2012 - 08:14 AM

I noticed that early in the morning MBAM would be scanning and there is no auto-scanning in the free version, which is why they asked if I was using the trial version (which I don't think I was since it's been on my PC for like, forever). I have my PC set to not include MBAM in the start up, yet early in the morning it would show up in the task manager for some reason, even though I never launched it.

I contacted support. The thread is here http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=105253&st=0

They said to uninstall and reinstall. Now I can't run MBAM without issue #15 being present and I've tried all the solutions given which are:

mbam-clean.exe

renamed mbam's install just in case.

the .bat file for registering the .dll's

Updating the VisualBasic6

Ran tdsskiller.exe (nothing reported)

I did a deep virus scan with Avast. That showed no threats. Uninstalled that and installed Avira, which also turned up no threats (just 3 false-positives on a gamecam.exe in-game recorder like FRAPS) which I quarantined anyway. Ran SuperAntiSpyware, that showed only some tracking cookies which I deleted just in case. My hijackthis doesn't have anything 'funny' in it that I could see either.

Yet I keep getting this:

The module "C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\SSubTmr6.dll" was loaded but the call to DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x800004005.

any time I try to run the fix-mbam.bat file for registering the drivers.

I think if I can get that to register then I'll be able to run MBAM. I can install it, I just can't run it.

Scan disk showed everything fine there. My PC runs OK, nothing odd about it that I've noticed other than a system restore problem which I resolved by searching these forums. I just can't get this .dll registered and can't find a solution that has worked. I don't know what else to do. I hate to bother people, but you are my last resort.

Vista Home Premium 32 Bit
Dell 420 XPS

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 narenxp

narenxp

• BC Advisor
  • 16,371 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:05 AM

DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x800004005.

This is usually a access denied error.

Did you run REGSVR32 fix as administrator?

I think you tried the fixes given here

http://forums.malwarebytes.org/index.php?showtopic=40517

Right click on bat file and select-Run as administrator

If that doesnt work,try to turn off UAC and run the fix

Good luck

Edited by narenxp, 29 January 2012 - 09:06 AM.

#3 joyofweaving

joyofweaving
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:45 PM

Yes, I tried all those solutions. Everything I have done was run as administrator and UAC was turned off 5 minutes after I got this computer 4 years ago...that thing was so freaking annoying, it drove me nuts.

Access denied? Wow. At least that gives me something to go on, thanks. I'll keep plugging away at this.

Edited by joyofweaving, 29 January 2012 - 01:48 PM.

#4 joyofweaving

joyofweaving
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 29 January 2012 - 01:53 PM

For a sanity check, I logged in as Admin and ran it as admin and got the same results. DllRegisterServer failed with error code 0x800004005. Doesn't matter if I type this into the CMD at top level, or if run the .bat file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users