Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Google Search Page is Plain - No Art

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 cobra5000

cobra5000

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:47 PM

Posted 29 January 2012 - 07:10 AM

Hi,
This is pretty wierd. i cant sleep and i get up to google something and i notice that the name "google" when i open up the search page is just plain. normally, google decorates their name with art to match the season, day, current events, etc. like during the olympics they had decorated the name with pics associated with olympics. and similar with all holidays, so on the fourth of july they had fireworks around the name google. i have some other browsers, like palemoon and comodo, and they also didnt show any art with the google search page.
i started using a software called, bufferzone security, which puts a virtual box around a browser, i have it working on ie, but not on palemoon or comodo so i dont think that is the problem.
is there a setting somewhere that would cause this to happen?
it doesnt seem to make a difference whether i am signed in or not.
when my browsers open to google search page, the all have a the black bar across the top, i would like to make that go away, i dont know if that has anything to do with why i am just getting the plain name google.
thanks

Edited by cobalt5002, 29 January 2012 - 07:14 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 cobra5000

cobra5000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2012 - 10:00 AM

Ok, i find now that what i am talking about is called "doodle 4 google". it is unknown why it just started giving me the plain google name instead of the doodle google image. i found one forum which said click on the gear icon in the upper right and switch to classic from igoogle, but mine already seemed to be on classic, i messed around with igoogle but that didnt seem to help. can anyone help?

#3 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,729 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:47 PM

Posted 30 January 2012 - 04:40 PM

Google Doodles are only on special occasions. They don't appear every day.

Can you see these? http://www.google.com/doodles/finder/2012/All%20doodles

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#4 cobra5000

cobra5000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:48 PM

yes, I can see them. so i will have to see. saturday i was looking at a friend's computer and they had a doodle up. but i dont recall on my computer at home, but i am not 100% sure. i will have to pay attention for a few days and see if one shows up

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,729 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2012 - 11:15 AM

There is a new one today.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

#6 cobra5000

cobra5000
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 39 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2012 - 12:18 PM

Thanks for the support,
Yes i see it. another problem resolved.

#7 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 34,729 posts
  •  

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:10 PM

Glad to hear it's resolved. :thumbup2:

Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users