Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2010 internet mail request

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 stevedw

stevedw

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:44 PM

Posted 29 January 2012 - 05:34 AM

I have an Annoying Thing (password request) which pops up when I am using Outlook 2010 to connect to my internet mail server btinternet.

I had this problem in November. I changed all sorts of things, re-entered all the info in the email account settings etc etc but nothing seemed to work. Then it went away of its own accord. It never appeared from 26-Nov until two days ago when up it came again, time after time. I have again reconfirmed all the info in email account settings but it won’t go away. It doesn’t appear when I am using Internet Explorer, it is an email issue.

I am not aware that anything changed on 26-November nor two days ago. It doesn’t come up every time Outlook connects, just every so often.

Any ideas for getting rid of it permanently?

Edited by hamluis, 29 January 2012 - 09:34 AM.
Moved from Business Applications to Web Browsing/Email.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,727 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:33 AM

I don't use Outlook...but in my limited experience with email, a password request when using the email client would indicate to me that the proper settings are not used.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users