Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Is IPS really all that?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 printerandink

printerandink

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:52 AM

Posted 28 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

I've been wondering, is it? Is a $200 IPS panel really going to beat other panels? (this would be on a basis of proper color rendition, black depth, and still being able to game with it.)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

Your current title says "is ISP really all that?" then you ask about "Is a $200 IPS panel really going to beat other panels?"

You are going to get people looking to help with your ISP (Internet Service provider) Question as titled.

That is why 70 views and no help.
Wish I could help with your question.

Good Luck
Roger

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#3 printerandink

printerandink
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 30 January 2012 - 06:52 PM

:P !!!!

This is meant to be a thread about IPS panels. And now I can't edit the title. And I mean other panels in that price range.

Mod Edit: Someone corrected title ~ Hamluis.

Edited by hamluis, 31 January 2012 - 12:48 PM.

#4 the_patriot11

the_patriot11

High Tech Redneck

• BC Advisor
  • 6,763 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:52 PM

Posted 30 January 2012 - 08:28 PM

hes talking about monitor screens-IPS vs tn. Personally, I have a 250 dollar viewsonic with a TN display, and while people talk up the IPS a lot, Ive seen a comparable IPS screen when compared to mine, and I personally noticed little to know difference other then price. They both had 2 ms response times, both had excellent contrast ratios, and both displayed perfectly at 1080p. The IPS had a slightly larger viewing angle, but my TN wasnt far behind, and since im looking at my monitor from straight on most of the time anyway thats a moot point, and my TN display was far cheaper. I know a lot of people will swear by only IPS, but I see no reason to spend the extra personally. Now, what I see being worth the extra money, are the monitors with the LED backlights. Again, you can get both IPS and TN monitors there, is just the backlighting thats different-the LEDs provide a far more equal backlighting, and last far, far longer.

picard5.jpg

Primary system: Motherboard: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3, Processor: AMD Phenom II x4 945, Memory: 16 gigs of Patriot G2 DDR3 1600, Video: AMD Sapphire Nitro R9 380, Storage: 1 WD 500 gig HD, 1 Hitachi 500 gig HD, and Power supply: Coolermaster 750 watt, OS: Windows 10 64 bit. 

Media Center: Motherboard: Gigabyte mp61p-S3, Processor: AMD Athlon 64 x2 6000+, Memory: 6 gigs Patriot DDR2 800, Video: Gigabyte GeForce GT730, Storage: 500 gig Hitachi, PSU: Seasonic M1211 620W full modular, OS: Windows 10.

If I don't reply within 24 hours of your reply, feel free to send me a pm.

#5 rotor123

rotor123

• 8,094 posts
  •  

Posted 31 January 2012 - 11:25 AM

Personal opinion of mine is that a LED panel should be chaeper to make and utilize. On a larger screen with traditional backlights multiple Flourescents and one per lamp inverters.

As well as generate less heat and use less elecricity.

Edited by rotor123, 31 January 2012 - 11:26 AM.

Fortune Cookie says: Fortune not Found: Abort, Retry, Ignore?

Sent from my All-In-One Desktop. Perfect for Internet, Not for heavy usage or gaming however.

How Does a computer get Infected? http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/2520/how-did-i-get-infected/
Forum Rules,    The BC Welcome Guide

167 @ June 2015

#6 printerandink

printerandink
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 02 February 2012 - 12:51 AM

So what are some monitors with very even back lighting, great color reproduction and are still fast enough to game with for about $200 or less?

Edited by printerandink, 02 February 2012 - 12:51 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users