Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Want To Restore Vista

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 felixberto

felixberto

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:14 PM

Posted 27 January 2012 - 10:28 AM

Mod Edit: Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic161977.html ~ Hamluis.

Hi to everyone... Good day to all of you... I just wanted to ask help also regarding my Lenovo Y300 because my problem with it is I think the same and related to this topic. When I bought Y300 the OS is Windows Vista but then after few months I downgrade it to Windows XP Professional and in doing this I reformat Drive C and D. Reformatting the Drives most specially the Drive C I think and almost sure becomes the cause of the One Key Recovery failure. Now Im planning to bring back the OS of my laptop to its original OS which is Windows Vista but I cannot do it because the One Key Recovery function is deleted. Please help me also to bring back my OS to Vista.. I need your help guys and I hope I can get it here. Thank you so much in advance... God bless us all..

Edited by hamluis, 28 January 2012 - 11:08 AM.
Split from different topic, PM sent new OP.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:20 AM

I reformat Drive C and D,
if D was the recovery partition then the one touch will not work as the recover partition is empty , you will need to install Vista with the recovery dvd's that you should have created when you first bought the laptop ,the dvd s intent was for time like this .if you didn't make the dvd's then
if you have the vista key on the back of the laptop you could try borrowing Vista disk , same version as yours and use the key on the back of laptop

My answers are my opinion only,usually

#3 caperjac

caperjac

• Members
  • 1,649 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:14 AM

Posted 29 January 2012 - 09:23 AM

just found this for winxp ,it may help if the recovery partition is still intact .
http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ot/en/driversdownloads/drivers_show_237.html

and latest version ,i think for larger backup images
http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/hk/en/HintsandTips/hints_show_13263616724030.html

Edited by caperjac, 29 January 2012 - 09:24 AM.

My answers are my opinion only,usually

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users